CV Dated 3rd Oct
- First name / Surname: George Melmana
- Address: Melmana Gardens, Ooramana P O, Kerala, India PIN 686663
- Mobile: +914852870371, +919947670887
- E-mail: email@example.com : skype:drkmgeorge
- Nationality: Indian
- Date of birth: 3 October, 1943
- Gender: Male
- Name in Passport: Karavattamangalam Mathai George
- Passport Number: L-9036429
- Date of Issue: 25/04/ 2014
- Date of Expiry: 24/04/ 2024
- Issued at: Kerala, India
To be in a challenging position within an environment where my experience and education as well as skills can be utilized for job enrichment and job enlargement with a view to improving the socio-economic milieu towards sustainable development, particularly in developing economies through SDGs of the United Nations (UN) ;To lead any organization on strategic growth path with spread effects. In other words, to be the most admired professional in Monitoring & Evaluation; Micro Finance; Rural Development and Policy realms, using innovative approaches to cater to the requirements of Governments and UN agencies as well as International NGOs.
Desired Occupational Expertise:
M&E; Micro Finance, Policy ADVISORY IN GOVERNMENT and UN AGENCIES.
Nearly 45 years worked as Monitoring & Evaluation as well as Micro Finance
Expert/ Advisor with two major Development Banks in India; ADB in PNG: FAO Team Leader in Afghanistanand Mission Member in DPR Korea , M&E Advisor to Government of Rwanda and UNDP Adviser in South Sudan.
Areas of Specialization and Work experience:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Socio-Economic Studies & Surveys, Benchmark Surveys, Women Empowerment Studies, Micro Finance, Rapid Impact Evaluation, Poverty Reduction Studies & Surveys, Studies on the Impact of SDGs. Completed during the last 45 years as many as 55 Mid- Term / Impact evaluations for banks and Governments as well as UN agencies in India and abroad.
Overview of Employment and History:
Since August 1970 – Aug 2017 with different national and international agencies, NGOs and national institutions in various development capacities.
Review on my recent M&E work done in Rwanda -East Africa(April 2015)
Greetings from UNDP compound! Thank you for sharing a comprehensive report despite the time constraint! You prove them that you can do it!! I browse quickly through the report, you capture almost every think, and it is a true picture of the situation within the MINIRENA.
La Luta continua
Katanisa Peter (Advisor to Hon Minister)
Good Morning George,
This looks great now. I agree with the findings. Implementation of the findings and recommendation will go a long way to improve the ENR M&E System.
3) Another Review:
I wish to express my deepest heart felt gratitude for sharing this intelligently prepared report. The report has captured all existing problems, weaknesses and strengths in terms of M&E Systems in MINIRENA. I am really amazed that you were able to compile such well researched report within such short time as if you had ample time with all facilitation in place. But, your wise decision informed by self-respect and dignity should be a lesson to MINIRENA to recognize the importance and respect that should be accorded to competent Consultant willing and happy to contribute to the development of this country. They should also feel obliged to desist from wasting the hard earned resources. While feeling disturbed by poor handling of your case, I am at the same time glad that you have proved your competence as opposed to those who thought you are spent force. I believe it won’t be long before realizing that it was not wise to loose such an important person for no obvious reason.
I strongly believe that your motivation to come to Rwanda to join efforts of changing this country was not purely for money alone, but other motives played important role. May God bless you and help you in your endeavour.
Theobald Mashinga (sida)Swedish Embassy.
Advisory/Director and Positions Held:
1st March 2016 to Aug, 2017
Position: President & CEO of Sustainable Development Forum ( SEF)
Name & Address: Mel Mana, PO Ooramana, Kerala-India, pin 686663
Tasks& Services: Rendering Brain storming based Think Tank functions to various governments and NGOS.
7th Jan 2016 to 31st Jan 2016
Position: UNDP Consultant on Perception Survey in South Sudan
Name & Address: UNDP, Ministries Road, Juba, South Sudan
Tasks/Services Rendered: Scanned the files to cull out data collection questionnaires; drafted 12 sets of questionnaires; trained local consultant in data processing and drafted the recommendations; submitted to UNDP.
Date:1st March 2015—30th April 2015:
Position/Occupation: International M&E Advisor, Rwanda Ministry of Natural Resources
Name & Address of Employer: Ministry of Natural Resources, PO Box 3502, Kigali, Rwanda
Tasks: Did a candid M&E Situation Analysis for the Ministry of Natural Resources in Rwanda. It was well received by all the stake holders like UNDP, Government and the SIDA—Swedish Embassy. Please see the above the responses as a standing testimony.
Date: 1st May to 31August, 2014
Occupation or position held: M & E Advisor. India
Name and address of Employer: Govt. Of Kerala / AGES
Achievements:Done for Government of Kerala through local NGOs, Interviewed 300 marginal farmers spread over 30 villages to elicit information on farmer suicides; drafted the report for presentation to policy makers in the government of Kerala to take corrective actions. I have trained some 21 enumerators and 3 officers in survey techniques.
Date: 01 February 2011- 30 October 2014
Occupation or position held: Economist, India
Name and address of Employer: AGES
Achievements:Discussed with 500 opinion leaders, NGO Representatives and the stake holders about the need and importance of drafting a bill to contain corruption in civil society; drafted the report for discussion with policy makers and at the grass root levels.
Dates: 01 November 2013 – 15 January 2014
Occupation or position held: M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: Various stakeholders’ entities-NGOs
Achievements: Developed questionnaires for primary data collection from 300 beneficiaries of a SHG intervention; trained some 12 investigators; supervised data collection; drafted the report and presented the draft in a seminar of some 50 policy makers of Govt and NGOs.
Dates: 15 September 2012- 15 October 2012
Occupation or position held: M&E Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Qatar Tech Group of SMEs, Doha, Qatar
Achievements: Assessed the targets & achievements. I have trained some 12 staff in monitoring techniques.
Dates: 30 June 2011 – 30 August 2011
Occupation or position held: M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: Senior Citizens Forum, India
Achievements: Developed three sets of questionnaires for interviewing the Beneficiaries of milch cattle funded by MNS Foundation; interviewed 300 beneficiaries and report was submitted to MNS Foundation on the impact of the intervention on incomes and standard of living.
Dates: 15 April 2011 – 20 May 2011
Occupation or position held: Micro Finance Advisor
Name and address of Employer: AGES, India
Achievements: Interviewed some 300 MF Beneficiaries & drafted the study Report & presented to a seminar of policy makers.
Dates: 05 January 2010 – 05 April 2010
Occupation or position held: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Name and address of Employer: AGES- Agri, Gender & Environment Advisory Services, Kerala, India
Achievements: Interviewed 100 beneficiaries of a special poverty reduction programme to ascertain the project impact; analyzed the primary data and presented to a conference of policy makers.
Dates: 01 October 2009 – 27 November.2009
Occupation or position held: Vaasttu Correction Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Kerala, India
Achievements: Visited 30 human dwellings, taken measurements& corrected imbalances.
Dates: 15 June 2009 – 15 September 2009
Occupation or position held: Economist cum M&E Adviser
Name and address of Employer: AGES & Senior Citizens Forum, India
Achievements: Devised 12 sets of questionnaires to collect primary and secondary data from some 300 stakeholders who are engaged in direct marketing of argil produce, spread over five districts of Kerala and Karnataka & presented the findings in a seminar attended by 100 policy makers and project implementing officials.
Dates: 15 January 2009 – 30 May 2009
Occupation or position held: Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Agriculture, Gender & Environment Advisory Service, PO Ooramana, Kerala, India
Achievements: Devised sets of questionnaires on CSR and collected data from 100 respondents spread over 5 countries; processed the data and the same was presented in an International conference on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & its challenges in the 21st Century.
Dates: October 2008 – December 2008
Occupation or position held: International M&E Specialist
Name and address of Employer: IDA / Govt of Afghanistan (Ministry of Energy & Water), Afghanistan
Achievements: Strengthened the M&E system by capacity building; provided support to the M&E unit; Streamlined M&E communication system; established M&E database system & conducted seasonal studies, organized workshops on M&E; supervised M&E field work for data collection & photo impact analysis. Trained some 40 local staff in M&E field work techniques spread over three days.
Dates: 10 August 2008 – 30 September 2008
Occupation or position held: Micro Finance & Evaluation Advisor
Name and address of Employer: AGES, India
Achievements: Conducted a field work covering 48 villages and 1200 respondents to elicit information on various parameters of rural co-ops and to give it a new direction; presented its findings in an international conference held in Israel in June 2009.
Dates: 01 June 2008 – 05 August 2008
Occupation or position held: M&E Expert
Name and address of Employer: AGES, Kerala, India
Achievements: Conducted a field work covering some 200 small & marginal farmers and landless workers to prove empirically the phenomenon of exclusion or otherwise; drafted the study findings and presented it to an international conference, September 2008.
Dates: 01 April 2008 – 31 May 2008
Occupation or position held: Chief M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: CRATPAW (Centre for Research & Training in Poverty Alleviation & Women Welfare), India
Achievements: Conducted an empirical study on large scale farmer suicides in Kerala; Contacted 30 families spread all over the State of Kerala and collected data on the socio-economic causes of farmer suicides; Processed the data and presented the findings in a seminar attended by around 100 participants, organized by AGES at Ooramana, Kerala, India, 30 May 2008.
Dates: 15 February 2008 – 31 March 2008
Occupation or position held: M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: Ooramana Senior Citizens Forum (OSCF), Kerala, India
Achievements: Developed a study questionnaire to assess the impact of micro finance disbursed,
Covering 50 beneficiaries; holding discussions with stakeholders and opinion leaders; interviewed 50 borrowers to assess the project impact; presented the findings in a special
Seminar and submitted the final Report.
Dates: 01 May 2007 – 15 September 2007
Occupation or position held: M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: PDS (NGO)
Achievements: Trained the staff in M&E techniques; conducted an end of project-ex-post; evaluation of 100 project beneficiaries.
Dates: September 2006 -October 2006
Occupation or position held: MF Advisor
Name and address of Employer: Shimla Horticultural Federation (SHF)
Achievements: Set up a Monitoring Unit under SHF to train the staff in M&E techniques; conducted a base line survey on the socio- economic conditions of 300 beneficiaries of SHF Micro-finance programme.
Dates: March 2006 – April 2006
Occupation or position held: M&E Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Sikkim Small Farmers Association, Sikkim, India
Achievements: Conducted an impact evaluation of the Micro-finance lending; Trained some 20 local staff in M&E techniques; Conducted a seminar based on the study findings for finalizing the report.
Dates: April 2005 – February 2006
Occupation or position held: Chief M&E Advisor
Name and address of Employer: MNS Foundation, Kerala, India
Achievements: Conducted a rapid Impact Evaluation of its MF lending; Conducted a seminar based on the study findings; Placed the final report for the course corrections.
Dates: January 2005 – February 2005
Occupation or position held: M&E Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Bihar Rural Lending Initiatives, Patna, India
Achievements: Conducted Primary survey of 200 beneficiaries of Micro-finance and assessed the impact of Micro-finance lending on the standard of living (income, employment & assets as well as repayment performance) of the beneficiaries.
Dates: August 2004 – October 2004
Occupation or position held: Micro Finance Consultant
Name and address of Employer: Gujarat Micro-finance Company
Achievements: Surveyed 300 beneficiaries & Opinion leaders of Micro-finance and put up final report for policy course corrections to the Board of Directors; presented the findings in a seminar
for discussions and to incorporate it in the final report.
Dates: Nov 2003-May 2004 (UNV Roster No 60 79 85-George Mat)
Occupation or position held: Team Leader-Monitoring & Evaluation
Name &Address of Employee: FAO, UN, Kabul, Afghanistan
Achievements: Set up an operational M&E Unit with in FAO Kabul; Trained 12 local staff in M&E techniques; conducted field surveys in 35 villages for an impact evaluation study in north –east Afghanistan and report submitted to FAO/UNDP.
Dates: 09- 25 August 2001
Occupation or position held: Mission Member to DPR Korea
Name and address of Employer: UNOPS (United Nations Office for Project Services), Malaysia
Achievements: Reviewed the progress vis-à-vis targets; identified constraints to ensure trouble shooting; assessed gender & environmental impact. Recommended MIS & log frame of the project; conducted a Rapid Impact Evaluation.
Dates: June 2001 – February 2002
Occupation or position held: Consultant (Poverty Reduction, Women Empowerment & Micro-finance
Name and address of Employer: UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) Coir Board of India, M.G. Road, Kochi, Kerala, India, Pin 682 016
Achievements: Evolved an MIS system for Monitoring & Evaluation of the project; Reported periodically on allocation & utilization of funds by stakeholders; Conducted an evaluation on the impact of the project on poverty reduction, women empowerment & the provision of micro finance.
Dates: October 1994 on wards
Occupation or position held: Director
Name and address of Employer: AGES (Agriculture, Gender & Environment Advisory Services)
Achievements: Over all achievement was to lead AGES on strategic growth path. Consultancy Services, Rapid Impact Assessment, Rapid Rural Assessment, Gender Studies, Monitoring & Evaluation, Micro-credit Studies & Eco-Tourism. Chaired 30 seminars on awareness presented 10 papers in popular seminars and managed 27 Events during the period from 1996 to 2001, as Director of AGES. Prepared a project proposal for funding from the Govt. of Kerala for the Green Society of Maroottichal, Trichur in 1996; Evaluated an Irrigation Project set up under the auspicious of People’s Plan in the Co-operative fold at Mundur in Kerala in 1996. Conducted three bench mark studies on the eve of launching poverty reduction projects aiming at the rural poor in Kerala in 1997. One RRA was conducted to ascertain the feasibility of setting up vegetables co-operative in Brahamangalam in 1998. Supervised the setting up of an eco-tourism resort on the banks of the Muvattupuzha River in Kerala during 1998-1999. A monitoring study on the implementation of the Peoples’ Plan was conducted in nine Panchayats of Kerala in 1999. A project proposal for funding from UNDP was prepared for the Coir Board of India in 1999. A socio- economic study was conducted on the economic impact of AIDS in Kerala in 2000. A study on the impact of empowerment of women in local self Govt. was conducted in 2000.
An impact study was conducted to examine the perceived ill effects of globalization on an agriculture community – a case study of Ooramana Village in 2000. One MBA thesis on Factoring was guided for the Annamalai University in 2001. An advisory note was prepared on good governance for the newly elected Govt. of Kerala in 2001. An impressionistic evaluation study of a 1000 bed Mission hospital was conducted in 2001. A study on the need to augment the provision of micro-credit was conducted in a Kerala village in 2001. Conducted a workshop on Capacity Building for a European Union Pilot project on 29th July 2002. Did one study on the impact of Rural Roads in augmenting the incomes of the farming community in Kerala, March, 2003. Facilitated three workshops on the farming practices of Vanilla cultivation in the tropical regions of India, Jan – June, 2003. Conducted an impact study on gender empowerment of the Vanilla crop husbandry among the small and marginal farmers of the tropical regions of South India, March – August, 2003. Did one impact evaluation study on a minor irrigation scheme in Ernakulum District of Kerala, India, Dec 2004. Organized 95 sensitization seminars on people’s participation from January 2000 to Oct, 2009, attended by 5000 people.
Dates: January 1995 – June 1995
Occupation or position held: Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant on Micro Finance & Poverty Reduction (PBME)
Name and address of Employer: Asian Development Bank, Oil Palm Industry Corporation, P.O. Box 3216, Boroko, Papua New Guinea
Achievements: Devised 12 sets of formats for collection of socio-economic and agricultural data; trained 50 staff on data collection techniques; conducted field work in 50 villages and settlements covering 300 small holder oil palm growers and 50 Govt. and non- Govt. officials.
Dates: March 1994 – September 1994
Occupation or position held: Project Benefit Monitoring & Evaluation
Name and address of Employer: Asian Development Bank, Department of Agriculture and Livestock, Govt. of PNG, P.O. Box 417, Konedobu, Papua New Guinea
Achievements: Did three studies in PNG). Devised formats for collection of baseline socio economic and agricultural data; conducted socio economic field surveys on Oil Palm, Cocoa & Coffee small holders.
Dates: June 1992 – August 1993
Occupation or position held: PBME Consultant (Poverty Reduction & Women Empowerment Studies
Name and address of Employer: Asian Development Bank Dept. of Agriculture& Livestock, Govt. of PNG, P.O. Box 417, Kone, Papua New Guinea
Achievements: Devised formats for collection of base line socio-economic and agricultural data; devised formats for quarterly monitoring of project implementation; trained 50 staff to undertake regular monitoring of the progress of the project; conducted bench mark surveys on Oil Palm, Cocoa & Coffee small holders seven provinces, covering 300 villages, prepared reports for submission to ADB &Govt of PNG.
Dates: March 1990 – May 1992
Occupation or position held: Chief Monitoring& Evaluation Advisor on Rural Community Development & Rapid Impact
Name and address of Employer: Government of Papua New Guinea Department of Agriculture & Livestock, P.O. Box 417, Konedebu, Papua New Guinea
Achievements: Provided MIS on various programmes of the Department of Agriculture & Livestock; trained 12 staff & national counterpart in M&E techniques; evaluated three rural development & agricultural programmes and ascertained the repercussions of changes under the project implementation conditions.
Dates: September 1981 – February 1990
Occupation or position held: Sr. Manger- Evaluation
Name and address of Employer: Punjab National Bank Head Office, MASD, 7 BC Place, New Delhi 110 066
Achievements: Evaluated the economic impact of development programmes including micro credit and repercussions of changes in project implementation conditions.; trained some 21 staff in M&E techniques; surveyed some 5000 household beneficiaries of various anti-poverty interventions of the Bank; reports were prepared for policy consideration of the Reserve Bank of India.
Dates: April 1978 – August 1981
Occupation or position held: Planning Economist
Name and address of Employer: Bank of Baroda, Zonal Office, Planning Division, Ashram Road, Ahmadabad, 380014, India
Achievements: Conducted five studies on micro finance availed by rural borrowers; facilitated the promotion of some 12 NGOs vis-à-vis Rural Development in connection with rural banking.
Dates: March 1974 – March 1978
Occupation or position held: Economist
Name and address of Employer: National Dairy Development Board, Planning Division, Anand 388001, India
Achievements: Organized & supervised five major national field surveys on the demand for and supply of milk; identified 100 NGOs for tie–up arrangements.
Research Work Done: Bombay University
Address: Agricultural Economics Division, Bombay, 400 098, India
Designation: Research Associate/Lecturer
Achievements: Organized & supervised five filed surveys for data collection; analyzed the data on micro-credit and rural development.
Period: December 1972 – February 1974
Address: Sardar Patel University Dept. Of Economics, Anand, 388120, India
Designation: Research Assistant
Achievements: Collected primary data from 300 households on micro finance from Kerala;
Surveyed literature on micro credit, particularly on the Demand for Rural Credit.
Period: August 1970 – November 1972
Date of Completion: 1983
Title of qualification awarded Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) in Economics
Name and type of Institution University of Ranchi, Ranchi, India
Date of Completion: 1970
Title of qualification awarded Master of Arts in Economics
Name and type of Institution University of Sardar Patel, Gujarat, India
Date of Completion: 1967
Title of qualification awarded Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Name and type of Institution University of Kerala, Kerala, India
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, Bombay, India
PARTICIPATION IN SEMINARS / CONFERENCES / TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- Invited by Rotary International to visit the USA. Presented four seminars in the American universities of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tulsa and Cornel, 1975
- Programme Secretary to the International Programme on Dairy Projects organization, March 1975 – April 1975
- Gujarat Economic Association Conferences in 1969, 1970 and 1977
- Programme on Integrated Area Planning at National Institute of Rural Development,
- Hyderabad, February 1981
- Core faculty Member to train Lead Bank and Govt. Officials for the formulation of Rural Development Credit Programmes, Appointed by the Reserve Bank of India, 1- 6 March 1982.
- Annual Conference of Indian Economic Association, Ahmadabad, 1986
- Attended the 9th Bank Economists Meet held at New Delhi, India, 1986
- Annual Conferences of Indian Agricultural Economics at Pune, Kanpur, Anand, and Siliguri in 1980 1985, 1986 and 1987 respectively.
- Invited to attend the National Prayer Breakfast hosted by the US President in Washington DC in 1987 and attended two seminars during the same event.
- Seminar on Monitoring and Evaluation organized by the NIBM (Reserve Bank of India), 1988.
- Chaired the session on Science & Technology in relation to Rural Women, a seminarOrganized by the Govt. of India in Orissa.
- Seminar of financial writers at Delhi, India, 1989
- Chaired the mid- term reviews of ongoing projects of Science and Technology for Rural Development in Ahmadabad, Gujarat, September 1989.
- Attended and chaired several other national and international seminars in India, Papua New Guinea, Europe and USA numbering more than 1000.
- Delivered some 300 popular lectures in colleges, schools, YMCA’s, Universities and Religious& other secular organizations.
- Attended the India International Coir Fair at Kochi, India from 11th to 13th October, 2001.
- Chaired a technical session on product diversification in the Seminar held in connection with the India International Coir Fair on 13 October 2001
- Attended a special high power Training Course on “Preparing for the Rehabilitation Effort in Afghanistan” at ScuolaSuperiore Santa Anna, Pisa, Italy, jointly organized by UNOPS, ILO, and University of York & Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 25 February 2002 – 9 March 2002.
- Chaired and or moderated 98 seminars held under the joint auspicious of AGES & Senior Citizens Forum, Ooramana, India since 1999.
- Attended the World Universities Congress in Turkey, 20- 24 October 2010.
- Attended and chaired a session at the International conference on Innovation & Inclusion in Banking, 2- 3 February 2011.
Publications: 94 Papers, 2 Books & 55 M&E Studies
Details of Publications:
- Role of Micro Credit in Economic Development, Southern Economist, vol.12, No 13, 1972
- Farm Credit trends in Kerala a Village, Kurukshetra, Vol 22, No, 3, 1974
- Demand for Farm Credit, Kurukshetra, 20 July 1974
- Is Credit Antagonistic to weaker farmers? The Banker, Vol14, No.16, 1974
- OilCrisis-: An Economic Analysis, The Banker, Vol.19, No.10. December 1974
- Problems of availability and Per capita availability of Milk in India, Eco & Business Review, New Delhi, India, June 1976
- Case for Stream lining Cooperative Credit Policy, ArthaVikas, June 1976
- Nature and Pattern of Demand for Agricultural. Credit, Financing Agric, September 1977
- More farm Credit to Medium Farmers, Land Bank Journal, December 1977
- Dairying and Rural Development, Kurukshetra, December 1977
- Rural Credit: A definitional Approach, Land Bank Journal, March 1978
- Agricultural Implements owned vis-à-vis size of holding and per acre returns, Land Bank Journal, June 1978
- Rural Development: Imperatives, Economic Times, 13 September 1978
- Operation Flood, Times of India, 19 December 1978
- Is Operation Flood a fiasco? Land Bank Journal, March 1979
- Is Operation Flood Anti- Inflationary? Indian Dairy Man, January 1979
- Need for Area Approach, Times of India, 6 February 1979
- Strategy for Rural Development in Kerala, Kerala Cooperative Journal, August 1979
- Area planning for Rural Development- Factors to be considered: A survey of 14 East Coast Villages of India, Land Bank Journal, March 1980
- Strategy for Rural Development, Chinthan, March 1980
- District Credit Plans: Its Implementation in Borsad Block, Indian Cooperative Review, April 1980
- A New Approach for Rural Growth, Western Times, Annual, 1980
- Lead Bank Scheme and Block Level Planning, Land Bank Journal, December 1981
- Block Level Planning and Banks Role, Eco & Business Review, December 1981
- Rural Banking and Out flow of Rural Savings, Yojana, 16 July 1983
- Denudation of Forests & Rural Poor, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, September 1983
- Structural and Policy Implications of Indian Banking by the end of the Century, Land Bank Journal, December 1983
- District Credit Plans, Business Standard, 20 October 1983
- Co- existence or co- extinction, Yojana, 15 April 1983
- Rural Development Programmes – Strength & Weakness, Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, September 1984
- Evaluation & Monitoring of Rural Development Projects in Banks, Land Bank Journal, June 1984
- Challenges of Rural Development, Financing Agriculture, March 1986
- Interview: the myth and reality, PNB Staff Journal, October 1986
- Small Loans: The Problems of Recovery, Land Bank Journal, March 1986
- Recovery of Loans: Some Issues (In Bank Economists Meet book -1987)
- Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP), and Subsidy, Economic Times,14 February 1987
- Impact of IRDP in a Backward Area, Economic Times, 1 June 1987
- IRDP: Need for Recasting, Kurukshetra, October 1987
- Is Lining of Watercourses an Answer to Better Water Management? Southern Economist, October 1987
- Poverty Eradication: Initiatives and Inhibitions, Peoples Action, November 1987
- Rural Development and Role of Non resident Indians, Southern Economist, October 1987
- Poverty Eradication Needs Concerted Efforts, Yojana, February 1988
- Public Sector Banks and Rural Credit, Economic Times, 1 September 1988
- National Housing Policy: Its Implications for Rural Housing, GraminVikas, September 1988
- Rural Housing and Its Challenges for Banks, PNB Monthly Review, October 1988
- Relevance of Science and Technology and NGO’s in Rural Development, Kurukshetra, November 1988
- Role of Science and Technology in Rural Women Development (Book) 1988
- Disparities in the Distribution of Rural Credit, Economic Times, 2 February 1989
- Rural Housing: Problems and Strategies, Yojana, February 1989
- Can IRDP Become More Relevant? Yojana, May 1989
- Challenge and Response of Rural Housing, Kurukshetra, September 1989
- Monitoring of Extension in Block Settlements. Oct, 1990 (MS) December 1983
- The Challenges posed by the World Development Report of PNG, Govt. of PNG, April 1992
- A Study on Growth Potentials, Govt. of PNG, April 1992
- Stream Lining of Coir Industry: Need and Importance, 1999. (MS)
- Empowerment of Women: Need of the Hour 2000. (MS)
- Healing: A Holistic Approach, 2001. (MS)
- Globalization: the Need to understand it in Totality, 2001. (MS)
- AIDS: Needs Concerted Action and Sympathetic Concern, 2001. (MS)
- E-Commerce: It is the future way of life, 2001. (MS)
- Holistic Healing: Need for Comprehensive Approach, 2001 (MS)
- Empowering Road Infrastructure by Application of Coir Geo- Textiles, 2002 (MS)
- European Union: It’s Challenges & Future Agenda, A paper prepared for an international conference held at Lisbon, Portugal (MS), 2002
- Power Sector Needs Revamping-With Special Reference to Kerala-KSEB (MS), 2002
- Is Kerala Economy, Data Rich Or Action Poor? Presented in a conference, (MS) in Kochi, India, 14 August 2002.
- Africa Needs Holistic Approach for Shared Growth, Paper prepared for an international conference in Ghana, 2005.
- MathanMalpan: A Proactive Visionary of Holistic Development, A paper prepared for a seminar held at Pampakuda, 6 November 2005.
- Pro-Poor Export Strategy- What Works: A Holistic Asian Approach, March 2006 (A paper written for the WTO Debate to be held in Berlin in September 2006; Published in Acque& Terre, Venice 3:110-118 ;(Unastrategiad’esportazione a favoredeipoveri: un approccioasiaticoglobale. Acque&terre, Venice. 3:65-73) March -2008.
- Can Bribes Be Avoided? A theme paper prepared for an international seminar held in Rome for Better Governance, spring 2007.
- Is Banking More Inclusive? A paper presented to a round table discussion held at AGES & Senior Citizens Forum, Ooramana, Kerala, India, October 2007.
- Millennium Development Goals, A paper presented at YMCA, Ramamangalam, India, December 2007.
- Revival of Rural Credit Coops in India: Challenges of its Revamping in the Third Millennium, A paper written for an international conference held at MS University, Baroda, India, February 2008.
- The Role of NGOs in Conflict Societies Vis a Vis Sustainable Development; Acque& Terre, Venezia, 124-129, 2008. (2-2008)
- Rural Indebtedness Versus Farmer Suicides in South Asia: An Enquiry into its Causes and Policy Recommendations in the context of MDGs of the UN, A paper written for an international conference held in Finland, September 2008.
- Vaastu: A Few Questions and its Current Challenges; A paper written for an international seminar held at Trichur, India, 10 May 2008.
- An Empirical Study on Corruption and its Impact; A paper written for an international conference, June 2008.
- Revival of Rural Credit Coops in India: Challenges of its Revamping in the Third Millennium, A paper presented at the AGES seminar, May 2008.
- Computer Literacy among Rural Women in Kerala: An Empirical Study Based Examination of a Development Indicator, A paper written for seminar of Computer Society of OSCF, June 2008.
- Rural Indebtedness Versus Farmer Suicides in South Asia: An Enquiry into its Causes and Policy Recommendations in the context of MDGs of the UN, A paper presented at the AGES & OSCF Seminar, July 2008.
- Food Crisis: A Rejoinder to Metropolitan’s Letter, A Paper written for Diocesan Bulletin, July 2008.
- Food Crisis: An Impending Catastrophe-How to Contain it, July 2008; Published in Acque& Terre, Venezia, 108-113, June 2008.
- Conflict Societies: Ways to Ensure Sustainable Development, August 2008.
- Socio-economic Exclusion: Voice of the Voiceless- Need to Reach the Unheard in Terms of Access to Markets and Credits, Sept, 2008 (Paper presented in a seminar at Mangalore University, on 24 September 2008.; Published in Acque& Terre, Venezia, 114- 127, June 2008.
- Rural Cooperation in the 21st Century: Lessons Learnt and Challenges in the Third Millennium, Paper written for an international conference held in Israel, in June 2009. (Field study was conducted in India during Aug-Oct, 2008). Acque& Terre, Venezia, 57-75, 2009.
- Financial Inclusion: Innovations in delivery methods for better Outreach / Franchising in Micro Finance; A paper written for an international conference to be held at Pondicherry University, January 2009.
- Making Impact Evaluations Demand Driven: Present Impasse: (Practical Confusions & Field Feedback as Solutions), A paper prepared for an international conference on Impact Evaluations held in Mexico, Feb, 2009: Published in Acque& Terre, Italy, March 2009.
- Safety and Efficacy of Phytomedicines, A paper presented in the 4th Global Summit of Alternate Healing in Malaysia.
- Empowerment of Small & Marginal Bamboo Workers through diversification and value addition – a paper presented to an international conference on green products, Cochin, India, December 2009.
- Universities in the third millennium: Innovational imperatives, A conference paper submitted to World Universities Conference held in Turkey, October 2010.
- An Empirical Study of the Changing Dimensions of Labour Migration with in India. A paper submitted to the Annual Meeting – Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics, University Of Fribourg, 24-25 June 2010.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: New Dimensions to ensure Sustainable Development under Millennium Development Goals of the UN. A conference paper prepared for an international Conference on CSR held in Russia, 2010.
- New Dimensions of Micro Finance under NGOs to ensure sustainable development through Corporate Social Responsibility Under Millennium Development Goals of the UN.; A paper submitted to an international conference on financial inclusion held at Kannur University, India on 3-4 February 2011.
- Need & Importance of Innovations in the realm of Universities to make them Demand driven.
- Key–note paper on CSR presented at Nirmala College, India on 9 December 2011.
95) Financial Integration for Inclusive Growth, Paper presented at the All India Management association, Kumarakom, India, 24thOct 2014.
96) South Sudan: Challenges and Opportunities’ Diocesan Bulletin; June 2016, Muvattupuzha, India
PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Other Languages Known European level (*)
|Listening||Reading||Spoken interaction||Spoken production|
(*) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
STUDIES AND REPORTS, CONDUCTED AND WRITTEN:
- Minor Irrigation Scheme in Uttar Pradesh: An Impact Study
- Minor Irrigation Scheme in Madhya Pradesh: A socio- economic Study
- Share of Weaker Sections in Minor Irrigation Corporation Advances
- Lining of water Courses in Haryana: An Impact Study
- Farm Mechanization Scheme in Punjab: An Impact Study
- Farm Mechanization Scheme in Bihar: An Impact Study
- Farm Mechanization Scheme in Rohtas: An Impact Study
- IRDP in Rajasthan: An Anti-poverty Impact Study
- IRDP in Uttar Pradesh: A Study on Rural Poverty Alleviation
- IRDP in Gujarat: A Socio-economic Study
- IRDP in Kangra: A Socio-economic Study on Poverty Alleviation
- IRDP in Bhulandshadar: A Study on Poverty Alleviation
- IRDP in Lalitpur: A Study on Poverty Alleviation
- Delay in Disbursement of Subsidy under IRDP: An Impact Study
- IRDP in Jammu: A Study on Anti-poverty Scheme
- IRDP in Gaya: A study on Anti-poverty Scheme
- IRDP in Jhansi: A Study on Poverty Alleviation
- System of Purchase of Assets under IRDP: An Assessment
- Capital Adequacy in IRDP: A Policy Study
- Second Dose of Assistance under IRDP: A Policy Inquiry
- Tribal Development Programme under IRDP: A Study in Bihar
- Pilot Study on Self-Employment for Educated Unemployed Youth
- Self Employment for Educated Unemployed in Sonepat: An Impact Study
- Self Employment Scheme in Sahranpur: An Impact Study
- Self Employment Scheme in Sirsa: An Impact Study
- Self Employment Scheme in Datia: An Impact Study
- Self Employment Scheme in Patna: An Impact Study
- Urban Poverty Eradication: An Impact Study in Saharanpur
- Urban Poverty Eradication: An Impact Study in Ambala
- Urban Poverty Eradication: An Impact Study in Saharanpur
- Milch Cattle Financing Scheme in Rajasthan: A Socio-economic Study
- Deposit Linked Housing Loan Scheme: An Impact Study
- Poultry Farming Scheme in Haryana: An Impact Study
- Causative Factors of Large Over dues in Transport Advances: An Impact Study
- Retail Trade Advances in Delhi: An Impact Study
- Bio- Gas Plants in Rajasthan: An Impact Study
- Educational Loans in Delhi: An Impact Study
- Functioning of Non- Public Business Working Day: An Impact Study
- Rural Lending: A Study on Rural Credit Delivery System
- Non- Public Business Working Day in North India: An Assessment Study
- Impact of Differential Interest Scheme: A Policy Review Study
- Training Evaluation: A Review
- Organisational Image of Punjab National Bank- An Introspective Study
- Released Nine Quarterly MIS Reports of The Agricultural. Sector Projects &Programmes of the Govt. Of Papua New Guinea from March 1990 – June 1992
- Bench Mark Survey of Small Holder Oil Palm Project (Conducted for the Govt. of Papua New Guinea and Asian Development Bank)
- Bench Mark Survey of Small Holder Cocoa Growers of Papua New Guinea (Conducted for the Govt. of Papua New Guinea & Asian Development Bank)
- Bench Mark Survey of Small Holder Coffee Growers of Papua New Guinea (Conducted for the Govt. of Papua New Guinea & Asian Development Bank)
- Socio-economic Survey of Small Holder Oil Palm Growers of PNG (Conducted for ADB)
- Socio–economic Survey of Small Holder Cocoa Growers of PNG (Conducted for ADB)
- Socio-economic Survey of Small Holder Coffee Growers of PNG (Conducted for ADB)
- Socio-economic Bench Mark Study of ADB Funded Oil Palm Small Holder Project of PNG (Conducted for OPIC& ADB) IRDP = Integrated Rural Development Programme
- Mission Supervision Report- Rapid Impact Assessment of DPR Korea, 2001(UNOPS), Conducted for IFAD/UNOPS
- Third Quarterly Report of the UNDP project on India Coir, October 2001
- Fourth Quarterly Report of the UNDP Project on Indian Coir, January 2002
- A Participatory Impact Evaluation Study of Irrigation projects in Afghanistan,
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), 2014
ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS TECHNICAL COMPETENCES:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Socio-economic Studies & Surveys, Benchmark Surveys, Women Empowerment Studies, Micro-finance, Rapid Impact Evaluation, Poverty Reduction Studies & Surveys, Studies on the Impact of MDGs. Done during the last 45 years as many as 55 mid- term/ Final evaluations for Banks and Governments as well as United Nations (UN) Agencies in India and abroad.
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet Operations.
INTERNATIONAL RURAL EXPOSURES/INTERACTION: Visited 6500 villages & settlements (Interacted with 450,000 people in Afghanistan, India, and Papua New Guinea , DPR Korea & South Sudan).
Listed in Marquis (USA) “Who’s Who in the World” as one of the highest achievers Participated in a high power Training programme on “Preparing for the Rehabilitation Effort in Afghanistan” in Italy, jointly organized by UNOPS, International Labour Organization (ILO), University of York & Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 25 February 2002 – 9 March 2002.
- KP Kannan, Former Director, Asian Dev. Bank, Phone:, mobile: +601117989160
- JaniverNtalindwa, Poverty Reduction Unit Head, UNDP,Kigali ,Rwanda, Cell:+250-782 220 036;Email Janvier.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev Dr Abraham Mulamootil, Campus Director, LSC, Cochin,Kerala,India,Phone + 91 70 12 66 25 90;Email email@example.com
DECLARATION: I hereby certify that the above mentioned data about me is true and correct based on my knowledge and belief.
K. M. George; Aug, 2017