My Dear Aprem II Patriarch of the Syraic Orthodox Church,
1) Let me extend to you my personal belated New Year Greetings Holy Father.
2) Hope you do recall me very vividly as I had interacted with you since July 2017 on very many occasions asking for your heroic intervention to bring about lasting peace in the Indian Church. You said very recently that we Christians must use prayer as our first and last resort to get done anything and everything. My special compliments to you for harking on that point unambiguously many times. But our people used the legal system when the divine glory departed from our church. What a pity! What an anti testimony for Christians!
3) Finally as luck would have it, we are forced to turn to God to ask His counsel for saving our face without losing our image—yes human and divine image! The ways of the Lord are very mysterious.
4) It is very rare to have a dignified bench of highly divergent and well informed and God fearing judges from the major religions in India ( Hindu, Muslim, Parsi, Sikh) to study and dispose of our church litigation in the supreme court of India.
5) The crux of the issue is very simple and straight forward. The apex court of India has said that the only way out is to accept the 1934 constitution and the 3rd July 2017 verdict to establish lasting peace in Malankara. Please do recall my former letters to you numbering 76 harping on the same points time and again. Holy Father there is no way out in the long run. This is the only choice available to us and to accept it. It is based on prudence for everyone who is a law abiding citizen of India and for any civilized person.
6) I am sorry immediately after your last visit to India we had to fell out as you were not heeding my most sincere advice for peace due to many extraneous factors. I tender my unqualified apologies for being rough on you. You did succumb to pressure tactics designed by our friends in India. They did succeed in manipulating you to some extent. Even the Orthodox Catholicose is a foolhardy man conditioned by his right hand adviser bishop Mathews Saverious. The synod secretary is not much better either. They are worse than IS terrorists, when it comes to peace and reunification of the Malankara Church for a better tomorrow. There are very many sane voices among the Orthodox faction including the senior bishops, priests and the laity as we have very many among the Jacobites too.
7) If you shy away from this mission now, let me warn you in advance that after the demise of HB Thomas the First, the Jacobites would disintegrate into splinter groups leading to anarchy and its final destruction. Can you afford it to happen as the head of the Church?
8) Your task is to plan to harness such group synergy for better tomorrow. As I said earlier too you must get a place in the annals of our history as the Patriarch who brought lasting peace in Malankara on account of better understanding and exposure than your predecessors.
9) There is no time to waste. Time wasted is opportunity missed. Time and tide wait for none. Let us recall the old axiom; competence without credibility is a liability. We can fool all for a while, some for some time but a few for all the time. Now with the emergence of the modern media and the material wellbeing, people are fed up with the parasites like priests and bishops and their clan in general. They still tolerate them on account of their cultural ethos inherited from their fore fathers, Holy Father.
10) If you declare openly that the Holy Church accepts the Supreme court verdicts and the 1934 constitution, the Orthodox people would feel that the tables are turned over them and you get them to sit around to discuss the reunification modalities. This must be a master stroke Holy Father.
11) If we miss this golden opportunity, the future of the Jacobite faction in India is very bleak with the final disintegration as it may go to oblivion. We cannot afford that to happen as we are the salt of the earth. Is this bleak situation nothing for you Holy Father? Do you want to be a spiritual doyen and emperor of the Syraic Church without the empire in India. Please recall the observations of the apex court that your spiritual jurisdiction is at a vanishing point?
12) Better you privately engage both HG Dr Thomas and HG Joseph Gregarious to do the ground work very informally to develop the road map for unity with all its details.
13) If you make the mistake of appointing another Mapriyano for Malankara, it is a sure recipe for the fast disintegration of the Jacobite faction here.
14) If you move your cards carefully we can make HG Georgorous as the Catholicose in waiting for the reunified Church. You need to be proactive, sagacious and well connected with the right people.
15) Last time you did not oblige me to host you with some selected invited people to our NGO—Sustainable Development Forum, which is headed by Hon Justice Dr K N Kurup , a Hindu. This time in May ,again we invite you to spare some 4 hours with us form 4 to 8 pm to an open air function to address our members on Peace and Justice as you perceive in the light of the Agenda 2030 of the UN. It is a secular forum. From your team we do invite only 10 people including your holiness and we have a limitation to invite in all 100 people for this special session followed by a pure vegetarian dinner. Our list of invitees may be from secular background only with the inclusion of some Orthodox Bishops who visited you in Beirut and a few Jacobite bishops who are our friends.
16) A line in reply is appreciated. Nonetheless, you can choose to ignore this as well.
17) But I am sending a copy of this mail to your secretary Rev Bali who is my personal friend as well as to HG Gregarious and HG Dr. Athanasius of Muvattupuzha for their kind follow up, should you like them to facilitate the way forward.
18) I do request all to keep it top confidential.
19) I do request your reply for certain Holy Father.
With Greetings, Prayers and Best Wishes,
Dr KM George