Greetings and Prayers to Your Holiness,
Let me extend to you my personal belated New Year Greetings Holy Father.
- Hope Holy Father do recall me very vividly as I had interacted with you since July 2017 on very many occasions asking for your heroic intervention to bring about lasting peace in the Indian Church. Your holiness said very recently that we Christians must use prayer as our first and last resort to get done anything and everything. My special compliments to you for harking on that point unambiguously many times. But our people used the legal system, when the divine glory departed from our church. What a pity! What an anti testimony for Christians!
- Finally as luck would have it, we are forced to turn to God to ask His counsel for saving our face without losing our image—yes human and divine image! The ways of the Lord are very mysterious.
- It is very rare to have a dignified bench of highly divergent and well informed and God fearing judges from the major religions in India to study and dispose of our church litigations in the supreme court of India from time to time.
- The crux of the issue is very simple and straight forward. The Apex Court of India has said that the only way out is to accept the 1934 constitution and the 3rd July 2017 verdict to establish lasting peace in Malankara.
- Please do recall my former letters to you numbering 79 harping on the same points time and again. Holy Father there is no way out in the long run. This is the only choice available to us and to accept it gracefully. It is based on prudence for everyone who is a law abiding citizen of India and for any civilized person.
- I am sorry immediately after your last visit to India we fell out as your holiness was not heeding my most sincere advice for peace due to many extraneous factors. I am sorry for being rough, rude and tough on your holiness.
- Please do recall that age wise I am 74 and your holiness is much younger to me. But being my spiritual father you are in a much elated and elevated position Holy Father. Hence I salute and kiss your hand holy father.
- You did succumb to pressure tactics designed by our friends last time in India. They did succeed in manipulating you to some extent.
- Even the Orthodox Catholicose is a whimsical, immature and uninitiated diplomat leave alone a practical ply mat, man conditioned by his right hand adviser bishop Mathews Saverious. The synod secretary is not a proactive person either. They are worse than terrorists, when it comes to peace and reunification of the Malankara Church for a better tomorrow of Christian witnessing.
- There are very many sane voices among the Orthodox faction including the senior bishops, priests and the laity as we have very many well meaning and peace loving people among the Jacobites too.
- If you shy away from this mission now, let me warn you again in advance that after the demise of HB Thomas the First, the Jacobites would disintegrate into splinter groups leading to anarchy resulting in its final destruction. Can you afford it to happen as the head of the Church?
- Your task is to plan to harness such group synergy and dynamism for better a tomorrow. As I said earlier too, you must get a place in the annals of Church history as the Patriarch who brought lasting peace in Malankara on account of better understanding, perceptional skills and exposure compared to your predecessors.
- There is no time to waste. Time wasted is opportunity missed. Time and tide wait for none; let us recall the old axiom. Competence without credibility is liability; zeal without knowledge is dangerous. We can fool all for a while, some for some time but a few for all the time. Now with the emergence of the modern social media and the material wellbeing, people are fed up with the parasites like priests and bishops and their clan in general. They are all subjected to social audit every day, Holy Father. We still tolerate them on account of our cultural ethos inherited from their fore fathers, Holy Father.
- If you declare openly that the Holy Church accepts the Supreme court verdicts and the 1934 constitution, the Orthodox leadership would feel that the tables are turned over them and you get them to sit around to discuss the reunification modalities in its fine tuning details. This must be a master stroke Holy Father. Holy Father, hope you would muster courage of conviction to take this stand!
- If we miss this golden opportunity, the future of the Jacobite faction in India is very bleak with its final disintegration as it may go to oblivion. We cannot afford that to happen as we are the salt of the earth. Is this bleak situation nothing for you Holy Father? Do you want to be a spiritual world leader and emperor of the Syraic Church without the erstwhile empire remain intact in India? What is happening in Syria is another story. Please recall the observations of the apex court that your spiritual jurisdiction is at a vanishing point?
- Better you privately engage both HG Dr Thomas Athanasius and HG Joseph Gregarious to do the ground work very informally to develop the road map for unity with all its details.
- If you make the mistake of appointing another Catholicose or Mapriyano for Malankara, it is a sure recipe for the fast disintegration of the Jacobite faction here for good.
- If you move your cards carefully and strategically , we can make HG Joseph Gregorious the Catholicose in waiting for the reunified Church. You need to be proactive, sagacious, prudent and well connected with the right people at the right time. It should not later become a cry in the wilderness.
- Last time your holiness did not oblige me to host you with some selected invited people to our NGO—Sustainable Development Forum-which is headed by Hon Justice Dr K Narayana Kurup , a Hindu. This time in May 2019 ,if your holiness is visiting India, again we invite you to spare some four hours with us form 4 to 8 pm to an open air function to address our members on Peace, Justice and Development as you perceive in the light of the Agenda 2030 of the UN. It is a secular forum. From your team we do invite only 10 people including your holiness as we have a limitation to invite not more than 100 people for this special session followed by a pure vegetarian dinner. Our list of invitees may be from secular background with the inclusion of some Orthodox Bishops who visited you in Beirut and a few Jacobite bishops who are our SDF friends.
- A line in reply is appreciated.
- But I am sending a copy of this mail to your secretary Rev Joseph Bali who is my personal friend ( my friend only on account of my very many letters to you holy father), as well as to HG Joseph Gregorious and HG Dr Thomas Athanasius of Muvattupuzha for their kind follow up, should you like them to facilitate the way forward.
- I do request all to keep it top confidential.
- I do beseech and request your considered reply for certain, Holy Father.
- With Greetings, Prayers and Best Wishes.
- Kissing your hand, your spiritual son Dr George Mathai.
Dr KM George—Former UN Advisor
+91 99 476 70 887; email Melmana@gmail.com
24th Jan, 2019.