Open Letter to HH Bava dated 6th Oct
Open Letter to My Catholicose-Malankara Orthodox Church
Dear Your Holiness– Bava Thirumeni,
Most respected Bava Thirumeni is a great man of honour and I do adore you as a man of God ..Amen.
- After the historic verdict of 3rd July 2017, you were making much dignified and decent statements of reconciliation and reunification as a model Christian leader of admirable qualities of head and heart coupled with amazing spiritual disposition. I did point it out to many including HH Patriarch many a time as my own strength in presenting my own Catholicose. Alas you now speak like spiritual terrorist without any historical insight of Indian freedom struggle or logic or Your most notorious Parumala address was the worst testimony of your mindset towards the peace process. What has happened to your own thinking process!? You do not simply represent a family or a parish church, but you are the spiritual head of the Indian Orthodox Church having some two million believers. Again please do look back in a flash back to see as who all sat on the chair where you sit now. Giants like Vattassery Thirumeni, Gheevarghese Bava, Mathews Bava ,etc were adoring this seat with admirable adoration and grace even to critics. Why is that you are lowering its status by playing in the hands of the enemies of peace, reconciliation and reunification?
- Two most unfortunate incidents I may point out as your blunders or rated stupidities with due respect Holy Father. One was your triumphant entry under the cover of darkens to the Varikoli parish church even without taking any body in confidence from the concerned diocese including its bishop, but was well organised with the connivance of many others from south of Kerala, Ernakulum As luck would have it, you had a narrow escape when some good people whom you never took in confidence appealed to the Hon Chief Minister’s office to come to your rescue! The second was the most notorious address or speech at Parumala. Even third rate politicians would shy away from such historically incorrect and fallacious data presentation. What was the compulsion for you to do the above two acts of heroism? What is that you are driving to prove Holy Father?
- If you do not want peace and reconciliation after the 3d July court verdict, keep saying it clearly. Why to keep doing such stupidities one after the other? If you want to discredit the two bishops who visited HH Patriarch, better tell them on their face and the whole world that you do not stand for peace at
- It is said that the elephant has two sets of teeth—one to show to outside world and the other to chew. Similarly from 3rd July you were very soft and bit Christian like for a while when talking about peace and unity till the Varikoli and Parumala incidents. Now only the clear image is widely known to the ordinary people with commonsense!
- I am at total loss to see that after the visit of the two proactive bishops to HH Patriarch, why the leadership in the church—bishops, clergy and laity—very apathetic to peace. ? Even the proactive Jacobite pro-peace groups have gone into hibernation or they feel that you are not a trust worthy person as well.
- The Jacobite church was in total disarray after 3rd July. But you did give them much needed energy to rally behind the leadership who seek separation and to perpetuate a regime of self seekers to loot the gullible
- Instead of engaging in confidence building measures (CBMs), you are systematically de-marketing it and alienating even the orthodox believers. I urge and appeal that you may see reason and the writing on the wall holy father lest posterity would take you very unkindly.
- Out of 27 bishops from the Orthodox Church, may be only a few are against the peace process. You should not play in their hands. Act like a statesman seeking good advice from the elected representatives of the church and even from the opinion leaders if you could trust anyone.!!
- Out of 33 bishops of the Jacobite Church, after accounting for the Kanayaa Sabha and Sihmasana Churches and Paurasthaya Suvisaha Samajam etc, hardly 20 are there to be discussed for future I am sure your aim must be to engage them positively and rationally, not with any fear psychosis.
- It is high time again to put your fuller energy and prayers to bring in lasting peace with malice to none and good will and dignity to one and all. If you are driven by Holy Spirit, let us be proactive till we achieve peace and reconciliation Holy Father. I am sure my most respected Bava Thirumeni would never want to be judged by future generations as an ambassador of anti-peace , anti- Christian witness and the one who squandered a God given rare opportunity for peace and reconciliation!!
With reverence and respects,
By Kissing your Holy Ring,
Your spiritual son,
Dr KM George
6th Oct 2017.