Holy Father Aprem II,
(Patriarch of Syria)
1) I know for certain that you have summoned a few bishops from Malankara for discussions following the stalemate after the apex court verdict.
I wish and pray that God will goad you all to reach a lasting solution. Please tell them that the verdict does not make out any one either a victor or vanquished, but only clarified certain legal issues in the light of the 1934 constitution and the past supreme court judgments.
2) The history of humanity is one on bended knees and outstretched arms. As such hope you would approach the knotty issues in the same lines only.
3) There are a few among our bishops here who are very vocal and even not guided by the holy spirit as judged from their utterances as I see in the media. Even among the Orthodox Church bishops one Mar Saverious is the most intolerant and unchristian one.
4) I suggest that you may ask each bishop to make a presentation not exceeding 30 minutes one by one and finally ask all to give your holiness their considered final views as how to settle the stalemate. Thus hear them all individually and collectively.
5) Once the discussions are over, just tell them that you will study prayer fully the suggestions and as the holy spirit leads, you will take an appropriate action cum decision which will be final and binding on all in this case.
6) Your final and firm stand is very critical for which I do not have to guide you as you are grappling with the IS terrorist in many places in Syria.
7) Winner you think, yes winner you become Holy Father.
8) Hope you have received the special message from Rev Dr KM George on behalf of the Catholicose of Kottayam in this regard. I may suggest that you may ask for a delegation form the Orthodox Church to visit you soon to know their concerns and suggestions. As a typical manager, you may now seize this opportunity as God given chance in your life time to settle this dispute for good and become one of the most memorable prince of peace in the annals of humanity during the third millennium.
8) Should you need any input from my side, please do not hesitate to call me up at any time.
Dr KM George,
President and CEO of Sustainable Dev Forum
(Former UN Adviser)