Shri Vellappally Natesan,
SNDP General Secretary,
Attention: Shri. Tushar Vellapally
Good to see that you are getting on with the right momentum in connection with the formation of a political party under the aegis of SNDP. I must congratulate your team to take such a bold initiative. Good that you met with Hon PM and Shri Amit Shah too New Delhi on 1st Oct.
My name is Dr K M George . I was working for nearly 45 years in India and abroad as an expert / advisor with various governments, UNDP—UNOPS,FAO-ADB etc.; worked in Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea, North Korea and Rwanda; interacted with 450,000 poor from 6500 villages. My own PhD thesis is on Micro Finance. I have 55 M&E Reports and 95 papers as published work to my credit.
I have had attended and or chaired some 5000 conferences and seminars.
Now may I tender some suggestions, though unsolicited, in connection with your political party formation?
- Like the AAP in Delhi, you may consult all your Yogam branches in special meetings to ensure the local support for this initiative. People’s participation is of paramount importance in making you ride on the victory wave.
- As large number of your Ezhava community are fellow travellers of communist ideology, you need to conduct special study classes in the branches under the banner of microfinance lending to empower them both politically and
- As Guru Devan had mentioned, reiterate again to everyone, you are not here to “argue and win” but “to seek and proclaim”—a political philosophy to empower one and all with transparency and good governance.
- Rope in all communities like the Pulayas, Parayas, Nadars, Dalit Christians, Namboothris, fisher men community, converted christians and all those who want a change to better their lot since independence.
- Appoint a core group to draft your action plan – manifesto- a plan for salvaging Kerala from the clutches of both UDF &LDF and to make Kerala a corruption free state with resilience to welcome investors unlike the present Kerala –Gods country-managed by devils own
- A strategy must be worked out to win over all floating voters and the youth with the charisma of Shri Natessan along with political acumen of Shri Amit Shah, so that a total polarisation takes place in Kerala and Shri Nattessan would rule Kerala for a decade with good governance and
- Please make sure that your vehicle of special and economic transformation is micro finance to reach out to the millions in Kerala. Why not invite Nobel laureate Prof Yuns from Bangladesh to Kerala for a summit of Micro Finance soon before next assembly elections. If you want to help to get an erstwhile ADB Director form Malaysia, who did yeomen work in micro financing many Asian countries., it can be arranged. He is a settled in Malaysia but his parents were from Kerala -Mr Kannan form Malabar region.
- Make use of social networks like internet and face book to your maximum advantage as it is done by AAP and Hon PM Shri Modi.
- Identify a core group of potential leaders from within and train them to be future ministers with sagacity and ground reality as their guiding principles to be proactive men and women.
- Facilitate and ensure smooth functional relations with local BJP and make sure they won’t dictate terms to SNDP as you deal only with Shri Amit Shah.
With greetings and best wishes,
Dr KM George
Melmana@gmail.com;91 9947 67 0887,
3rd Oct 2015