A total of 372,413 people can avail ECC-777- facility including 166,739 women assuring them a feeling of increased security and wellbeing in Juba city.
- POLICE DEPLOYMENT strategy to be beefed up in residential areas during festivities like Christmas and New Year.
- ROADS are to be systematically named for police and ambulances to reach the caller location quickly as for many, the initial hour may be life saving critical hour. Currently 64 streets, 123 avenues and 45 junctions are identified for setting up name road signs in the national capital of South Sudan-Juba. It must be done on war footing. Nonetheless, as Juba City Council is non-functional on account of the emerging new states in South Sudan, immediate alternate solutions are to be found out to make 777 to be user friendly.
- HUMAN Rights are to be strictly upheld by police and those who violate must be meted out with exemplary punishments.
- ECC ambulances to have trained palliative staff to reach the critical ill and poor to mitigate their pains.
- Confidence Building Measures (CBM) must be in place for the police force. Police Citizen Dialogue (PCD) must be beefed up and effectively monitored on monthly basis to improve the image of the police force. Citizen- police amity culture to be promoted by conscious efforts.
- Sensitization programmes are to be chalked out through regular radio—TV— programmes including popular music to educate citizens about the ECC.
- Police Complaint Authority (PCA) may be set up under an eminent retired judge to deal with the black sheep’s in the force that violates human dignity and or harass the citizens. Police emergency court may be brought under the PCA.
- ECC—777- calls are to be attended by a team of male and female police and a trained nurse with critical first aid kit. Police to respond swiftly, professionally, impartially, effectively with compassion and empathy.
- Police patrolling teams to be monitored randomly so that they are not in cosy areas only but in most needy areas and crime infested locations too.
- Solar lights are to be installed in all critical areas so that in the night police can reach the exact location without wasting time.
- As crime situation is its peak during festive seasons of December and lean during rainy seasons, suitable strategies are to be in place to address it fairly and squarely.
- MTN is providing the technical support to ECC. But SSNPS to select and train suitable police personnel with aptitude to man the project with gender mix.
- As law and order of Juba city being the direct responsibility of the CES police command, all aspects related to ECC must be under this authority for better command, control and accountability.